FREE Ground Shipping on orders over $99, shipped to the 48 contiguous United States
WarmFilm is installed in 3 easy steps:
- Roll out WarmFilm on top of the radiant flooring underlayment and duct tape WarmFilm's edges to the underlayment pad.
- Lay a polyethylene vapor barrier on top of WarmFilm.
Lay your floating floor directly on top of the vapor barrier and connect WarmFilm along with temperature sensor to the radiant floor heating thermostat.
Power on and enjoy!
Detailed installation instructions and helpful hints are provided with each WarmFilm order.
back to the top ^^
- It's always best to start with a layout plan or drawing and take pictures of your radiant floor heat installation.
- WarmFilm must be connected to GFCI. InfraFloor offers many thermostats with built-in GFCI.
- Cut notches in the underlayment padding under WarmFilm’s connections and leads so the floor sits flush.
- InfraFloor offers duct tape for attaching WarmFilm to the underlayment padding and taping over leads.
- WarmFilm's lengths can be shortened by cutting with scissors along the cutting lines and covering metal strips edges with electric tape.
- Multiple WarmFilm heating mats should be connected in parallel (not in series) and then to the floor heating thermostat along with floor sensor.
- Use an ohmmeter or multimeter to measure WarmFilm's resistance out of the box and after steps 1 and 3 to verify that WarmFilm warming mat is in good condition prior to and after laying the floor.
- InfraFloor offers inexpensive multi-meters for making your radiant floor heating mats resistance checks.
- Install a second sensor in the floor as a backup. Sensor failure is rare, but its low cost insurance to add a backup.
- Multiple WarmFilm mats can be connected in parallel to one radiant floor heat thermostat:
- Up to 160 S.F. with 120V supply
- Up to 320 S.F. with 240V supply
- InfraFloor offers power modules for larger installations on one radiant floor heating thermostat.
Call InfraFloor at 888-203-9730 and one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives will be glad to assist you with any questions.